OK, well that Dlink DFE-530TX ethernet card I asked
about last week just doesn't work.

I've tried it in 2 different PCs and with Debian 2.2,
RH 7.0 and esmith 4.0 and none of them can load the
via-rhine module.  It's always the same "device busy"
errors.  I've tried different PCI slots, tried specifying
the io address and interrupt, etc, everything I can think of.

A last resort I can try it in a M$ machine but I'd rather
not.  I've used a dos boot disk and ran the diag program
that came with the card and it doesn't report any errors
with it.

What else can I try? or do I just give up and stick
with my crap old ISA card? (that at least works!)

Ta,
Dave.