Steven Kerr Wrote:

>The default settings for this module seems to be
>10baseT as seen when
>doing a insmod.
>
>Any ideas of the module options string in conf.modules
>
>options 3c509 ???????

Steve

I have been unable to get this to work with the card set in 'Auto' mode.
It appears that maybe the Windows Driver senses voltage on the either
interface and configures the card accordingly. The Linux driver never
seems to want to go to BNC - always wanting the TP. There maybe a unless
there is a hidden option.

My solution was to get the Installation Disks (#2 I think) and run the
3c5x9cfg program and force the card to be a BNC not Auto Select.

Worked for me.

PW