On Wed, Feb 28, 2001 at 12:55:51PM +1100, Ken Foskey wrote:
> How do I create a floppy disk from Unix.

There are many ways, but one of the most useful is the "mtools"
utilities.  If you find and install them, you can then use
mformat, mcopy mdir, and so on, and treat it just like a DOS
floppy.

Floppies formatted with Unix file systems, or used as simple tar
archives are also possible, but considerably less useful.

> How do I print from Unix,  how do I change print settings.

That's an excellent question.  Once upon a time, the simple
answer was "lpd", but things have become more complicated.  For
the most part, there _arent_ any print settings.  Do what I do:
don't print.  It's better for the environment that way.

--
Andrew