> Is it a big drama to setup Optus Cable for the Internet on RH7? I tried
> to gleen something from previous postings, but I don't see anything
> specific on the SLUG site. The Optus people went on and on about having
> to have Windows and I told them no. If someone could outline the
> procedure step by step once the Optus people install their box, I'd
> appreciate it and maybe it could be referenced on the SLUG site for
> similar enquiries. Thanks.
> Richard Blackburn

Richard,

This what I did

Ring Optus order cable, say you have a Win95 machine (ie lie)

When the tech comes over say the machine is off to the "repaired" and to
leave the ethernet (i asked for a usb one so maybe he felt comfortable
with that) card and cdrom. He may not want to do it but be persistant.
He he really doesn't want to do it just come clean, most techs are nice
guys, it's just those anal customer service people you have watch out
for.

Then when he's gone whip out the pc out of the cupboard and away you
go..

Now as to getting optus@home running on redhat, here's a gem for you:

ready for it ....

http://www.linuxathome.net