Does anyone know how to do multiple graphical logins under SuSE 6.4?
(ie run kdm on virtual terminals 7 and 8)

You can do this under Debian (and some other distributions) by editing

/etc/X11/xdm/Xservers

but I haven't found how to achieve the same result under SuSE 6.4.  SuSE
uses KDE stuff which resides in /opt/kde but I could not find analogous
config files nor any mention in the book that came with the distro.  I
guess it's not a common requirement.

I would like to be able to press ctrl+alt+F8 when my daughter wants to
check her email.  She can then login check her mail and log out and I
can press ctrl+alt+F7 and continue where I left off.

clues anyone?

TIA

Ken