I recently discovered that books printed in the US which I had been
buying for just under A$30.00 were now being
priced at _just under A$60.00_; i.e. they were being priced using the
current exchange rate for new editions sourced from the US.

MS has just announced Windows XP. Its pricing is also likely to reflect
the _current_ exchange rate -  in other words it
just might price itself out of much of the local market.

In this context the open source model could start to look very
attractive to a lot of people who have not previously
been involved with Linux..

Just a thought.

Adam Bogacki.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]