Hi,

I'm sure most people here are very aware of
using mirrors and the such, but if you are planning
to update to RH7.1 or Debian 2.2r3, please ensure
you are downloading from a local mirror!

Jason Andrade (maintainer of mirror.aarnet.edu.au)
writes:

| RedHat have released RHLinux 7.1 early this morning and it's
| currently swamping networks around the world.  If you or your
| customers are trying to get it, can you try some of the AU
| mirrors first and/or point customers at them?  if you're thinking
| about mirroring it locally for redistribution, also try and contact
| one of the local sites before hitting redhat.com which is..
| swamped at present.

So just so you dont have to go looking, here is a list of (some)
local RedHat mirrors:

AU:

planetmirror.com/pub/redhat/linux/7.1/        (http, ftp and rsync)
mirror.aarnet.edu.au/pub/redhat/linux/7.1/    (http, ftp - ISO only)
ftp.netcraft.com.au/pub/redhat/               (ftp)
ftp.iinet.net.au/pub/linux/redhat/linux/7.1/  (ftp)
mirror.pacific.net.au/redhat/linux/7.1/       (http, ftp)
ftp.monash.edu.au/pub/linux/redhat/linux/7.1/ (ftp - ISO only)

NZ mirror:

ftp.isl.net.nz

And some mirrors for debian:

planetmirror.com/pub/debian/
planetmirror.com/pub/debian-non-US/
planetmirror.com/pub/debian-cd/
planetmirror.com/pub/debian-cd/unofficial/ (woody/sid/hurd)
planetmirror.com/pub/debian-security/      (unoffical)
planetmirror.com/pub/debian-kde/
planetmirror.com/pub/progenylinux/
ftp.linux.org.au/pub/debian/
ftp.linux.org.au/pub/debian-non-US/