* This one time, at band camp, Peter Hardy said:
> > perl -i -pe 's/gzip/bzip2/g' *
> Halfway there, but I need to recurse subdirs, which this command
> doesn't
> do..  The challenge is still open, and I'll put up a free beverage to
> the
> best reply; bonus points for niftiness, obfuscation, or obscure
> languages.
> Two beers if anybody does it in nqc before me..

OK - try this then

perl -i -pe 's/gzip/bzip2/g' `find . -type f -exec egrep -l gzip {} \;`

--
Greeno <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

You mentioned your name as if I should recognize it, but beyond the
obvious facts that you are a bachelor, a solicitor, a freemason, and
an asthmatic, I know nothing whatever about you.
                -- Sherlock Holmes, "The Norwood Builder"