hello,
this is kiran.  i want to know whether there is any equivalent command in linux for 'no' command in SUN operating system seeing the network options.  using which we can see and set the options.  the main issue is this.
In setsockopt one option is SO_KEEPALIVE.  using which server in general probes the client is alive or not upto 2hours.  This time has most probably to be set in network options.  How to see all such parameters in Linux.

And one more issue how to see the kernel configuration values in runtime.  suppose i want to know how many processes i can open at  a time in my linux machine.  how can i get this information.  in sysctl it is not there.

this is very important for me.  please reply me as soon as possible.
bye
kiran