\begin{Craige McWhirter}
> Morning. I'm trying to add my own custom menu items using the ~/.menu
> system. When I run menu-update my menu updates are not inserted, nor are
> there any errors. My menu files are good because I can copy them to
> /usr/lib/menu and they get inseted into the menus correctly.
>
> Any clue sticks out there? The Debian doco just says to do what I've
> done :)

try update-menus -v (or even -d) ?

it works fine, i've done it before. the only problem i had was that
the menus it creates are now in your home directory. when you have a
nfs mounted home, the menus no longer reflect what is installed on the
current machine. (there's probably some hack around this)

--
 - Gus