Jeff Waugh wrote:

> Here's one for the one liner gladiators:
>
> I need to get the first URL found in a file or stdin. Much like urlview (man
> urlview for a regexp), but without all the UI guff. Think procmail...
>
> As usual, least amount of processes spawned, most minimal software used, and
> shortest length wins. ;)

Here's a try using lynx's parser:
cat index.html | lynx -stdin  -dump |  grep "^References" -A 2 | tail -1 | perl -lne
'$_=~/\d+\. (.+)/; print $1;'

It does run perl (I don't know awk) and lynx, which are both pretty heavy but
it does the job.

Regards,
Sonam

> - Jeff
>
> --
>                           chown -R us:us yourbase
>
> --

Electronic Commerce
Corporate Express Australia Ltd.
Phone: +61-2-9335-0725 Fax: +61-2-9335-0753