On 24-Apr-01 Craig wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Simple question, but one I can't find the answer to.
>
> How do you set an Enviromental Variable in bash?

export variable_name="value"

> Haakon.
>
> --

"DOS Computers manufactured by companies such as IBM, Compaq, Tandy, and
millions of others are by far the most popular, with about 70 million
machines in use wordwide. Macintosh fans, on the other hand, may note that
cockroaches are far more numerous than humans, and that numbers alone do
not denote a higher life form."       (New York Times, November 26, 1991)
| Greg Hosler                           i-net:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]    |