http://ximian.com/desktop/download.php3

With support for

Red Hat Linux 6.0, 6.1, 6.2, 7.0, and 7.1
SuSE 6.3, 6.4 and 7.0 on x86
Mandrake 7.0, 7.1 and 7.2
Debian GNU/Linux (Potato) on x86
LinuxPPC 2000
TurboLinux 6.0
Yellow Dog Linux Champion Server 1.2

Apparently support for x86 Woody is on the way... can anyone tell me why it
is that SLUG users seem so predisposed to this distro?

I'm not trolling at all, the reason I ask this is that I'm currently running
RH 7.0 (regretting the upgrade from 6.2) and contemplating 7.1, as I've
heard better things about it (SMP, threads, performance, etc). Is it worth
checking out Debian GNU as well?

My task is evaluating Linux as a Java Server Platform, main apps are Apache,
Tomcat/Resin, MySQL/Oracle, Cloudscape and Java 1.3. Also what experiences
have people had generally with Java under Linux ? Does anyone have any views
on GCJ ?

Sorry for the bombardment.. and the hour..

Regards,
John

'long time listener.. first time caller'