You need to cd plug in installed
then you need to tell it the mount device
and the directory it will appear in
you can also change i few other trivial things

my setup is /dev/cdrom /mnt/cdrom

i then put in a cd and click open
browse to /mnt/cdrom and i see a whole bunch of
files, each corresponding to a track on the cd
select, ok. xmms then resolves them in freedb.org
and plays them

i recommend gtcd though

Dean

Richard Blackburn wrote:

> Who knows how to get XMMS to play CDs? I've got it to play mp3s OK and
> it goes through the motions of playing the CDs, but no sound from the
> speakers. I've tried the configure stuff in Options, but to no avail?
> Any ideas?
> Richard
>
> --

BONG: http://www.bong.com.au
EMAIL...
[EMAIL PROTECTED]        [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED]      [EMAIL PROTECTED]
ICQ: 16867613