On Sun, Apr 29, 2001 at 08:39:52AM +1000, Jeffrey Borg uttered:

> > I need to install a resonable version of  OpenSSH on a server running RH5.2.
> >
> > My problem (beyond the fact that I need to upgrade that system...) I can only
> > find BSD source files for the OpenSSH, and RPM's for later versions of RH.
> >
> > Any suggestions to save me from yet another midnight upgrade?

Bah. OpenSSH (and OpenSSL, which you also need) compile fine on a RedHat 5.2 box, it's
eariler than that, that trouble you (3+ years Slackware boxen at work - now that was a
bitch), compile openssl, wait a while, install it, download the portable tarball, in
the portable directory, and install that. If PAM support is included, copy the
pam.d.generic from the contrib directory to /etc/pam.d and grab
/lib/security/pam_unix.so from a RedHat 6.2 box (or upgrade pam, if you're game),
start sshd, and walk away.

> > Jon
>

> --

                                                    Steve
  "I'm a sysadmin because I couldn't beat a blind monkey in a coding contest."
                                                        --Me