Where does sourceforge/va come into it? I mean geez, i call that
a contribution ;)

Redhat are probably right up there... suse puts money into alsa
and others i believe, and im not sure about turbo =\

transmeta let linus work linux on the job, i mean geez ;)

Dean

Jeff Waugh wrote:

> Who has made the biggest corporate contribution to the development of Free
> Software? A bit of a mini-poll... The sarcastic can call it "Putting Your
> Source Code Where Your Money Was."
>
> There are two categories, and I've started off with a few nominees:
>
> Corporate Development of Free Software
> --------------------------------------
>
> 1) Existing and Initial Release (contributions to existing Free Software,
>    and software initially released by this company as Free Software).
>
>    - Red Hat: Many and varied software packages (good examples please).
>
>    - Eazel: Nautilus, Gnome.
>
>    - Trolltech: KDE, Qt.
>
>    - Ximian: Nautilus, Gnome.
>
>    - Many Linux Companies: Kernel.
>
> 2) Released Proprietary Software (contributions by this company in the form
>    of released proprietary software code).
>
>    - SGI: XFS and more.
>
>    - SAP: SAPdb.
>
>    - Trolltech: Qt.
>
> Please add more!
>
> - Jeff
>
> --
>      "Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Dark
>                              Helmet, Spaceballs
>
> --

BONG: http://www.bong.com.au
EMAIL...
[EMAIL PROTECTED]        [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED]      [EMAIL PROTECTED]
ICQ: 16867613