From: Tony Green [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, 4 May 2001 2:39 PM
To: Penguinillas
Subject: Re: [SLUG] Virus Scanner

* This one time, at band camp, Jeff Waugh said:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm quite comfortable with Amavis and its other mail exploder friends, but
> have been kicked in the pants with yet another proprietary software product
> implosion... (AVP no longer being sold in .au)
>
> What's the happiest scanning product that runs under Linux? Must be able to
> handle file system scanning and stdin scanning nicely. :)

As discussed on #slug, I use Trend for ISP class antivirus on Solaris
('cause the sendmail solution only runs on Sol).  The demo of the linux
stuff which we used looked pretty good - online updates etc etc.

I'd recommend it.

Greeno
--
Greeno <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
GnuPG Key :  1024D/B5657C8B

Imagine working in a secure environment and finding the string
_NSAKEY in the OS binaries without a good explanation
    -Alan Cox 04/05/2001