* This one time, at band camp, Alister Waller said:
> Hi,
>
> I have a small script to automate some data import and export from our
> software. All it does is create a couple of environment variables and then
> run a cobol program.
> I can run this script manually without any problems whatsoever but it does
> not want to run from a cron job.
>

> any idea what could be causing this or what i should be looking at?
>
> The script is very basic and I am only testing so don't be too critical. ;)
>
> The ediexp script is as follows:
>
> RUNPATH=/usr/rr/test/rrcob
> export RUNPATH
> DATAPATH=/usr/rr/test/data
> export DATAPATH
> runcobol RRLOGED4 -c terminfo.cfg -k -a "A 132 9 y 1"

Try putting in the full path for 'runcobol'.  Cron doesn't source your
.*profile so doesn't have your path set up.

HTH

Greeno
--
Greeno <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
GnuPG Key :  1024D/B5657C8B

Imagine working in a secure environment and finding the string
_NSAKEY in the OS binaries without a good explanation
    -Alan Cox 04/05/2001