All,

I am not sure whether there is a solution to this.
Assume a machine with a ppp device and an eth0 device.

When the internet connection goes down, the machine loses that IP Address
of the ppp connection, with that goes the HOSTNAME, too.

The ethernet card is still up, with that there exist a second hostname.

Is there a way telling for example "bind" to be based on the eth0 device
instead of being based on the ppp0 device?

jobst

--
A loving atmosphere in your home is the foundation for your life.

|            __, Jobst Schmalenbach, [EMAIL PROTECTED], Technical Director|
|  _ _.--'-n_/   Barrett Consulting Group P/L & The Meditation Room P/L      |
|-(_)------(_)=  +61 3 9532 7677, POBox 277, Caulfield South, 3162, Australia|