On Sat, May 12, 2001 at 07:38:42PM +1000, Brett Gardner uttered:
> It is a microsoft USB keyboard.
          ^^^^^^^^^ ^^^
  This is a Hint[tm]. Microsoft may make good keyboards, but I prefer
their mice. If I remember correctly, the default kernel with Debian
isn't going to support a USB _anything_. There are instructions to
making your own rescue disk to install Debian, and I have no idea
either.
        Some USB devices play up under 2.4.x, so it isn't suprising that
it isn't finding an AT keyboard.

> Any help greatly appreciated, linux is rather frustrating to setup!
>

> --

                                                    Steve
  "I'm a sysadmin because I couldn't beat a blind monkey in a coding contest."
                                                        --Me