Title: RE: [SLUG] simple problem

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Jill Rowling [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
> Sent: Tuesday, May 22, 2001 11:07 AM
> To: 'Luke McKee'
> Subject: RE: [SLUG] simple problem
>

> And the shells are in /etc/shells ?

Thanks Jill.

I checked that of course I'm using /bin/bash not zsh or something new I added.
It looks like it is a pam problem after all.

There is something that redhat's authconfig put into /etc/pam.d/system-auth which is causing it to die.
I read the PAM faq again and moved /etc/pam.d/login and changed /etc/pam.d/other to what the faq said you should do in troubleshooting. (the troubleshooting manual said everything should magically work when you do this - you also need to change the config for the programs already explicitly specified in /etc/pam.d/)

I'm looking into it. When I find the GOTYA I'll tell the list.

Luke