[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I am a young programmer looking for work and I welcome genuine job postings.
> I am very clueful indeed, but clueful in programming and not anything else.
> I didn't know about the jobs on linux.org.au until today.

I recommend Jobnet http://www.jobnet.com.au. You can sign up for daily
emails of all the jobs posted by agencies with your skills. Free,
non-html and all IT positions. I usually read them whilst the porridge
is cooking (1 cup rolled oats, 3 cups water, pinch salt and low heat).

> I am not stupid by any stretch of the imagination,

I'm yet to meet a stupid linux user {:-)

> however I have no idea
> where to look for a Linux job other than on this list (and today as I found
> out, on linux.org.au).

Well, this information is on the SLUG WWW! Also, searching the archives
is also worth reminding people.

> Would it be acceptable to the list for job seekers to post a message clearly
> labelled "[Off Topic] - JOB WANTED". In the ad for a job *wanted* it should
> have one line, "what type of job" and one other line, a URI pointing to the
> job seeker's online CV/resume.

If you are a paid up member of Slug {:-), I wouldn't object, but we
haven't really reached a consensus on this.

However you don't have a sig - put it in your sig!  (max 4 lines rec.)

   email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]  www: http://www.woa.com.au