Assuming that your modem is supported then you will most likely need to
update your kernel. Id be suprised if updated kernels arent available as
RPMS but compiling is easy enough even for a newbie.

Dean

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Greetings.
>
> I am quite new to this group but I am committed to operating in a Microsoft free
>environment. I just have a few problems.
>
> This is my system: AMD 333mhz, 256Mb ram, 2 X 13gig hdd, CDROM, CDRW, USB modem, USB
>FM radio, PCI TV & Capture card, Cordless mouse, USB web cam, HP Jornada 420 PDA,
>TNT2 pro, Creative 64 sound, 100+ Base eathernet card, 8 port 100+ hub, USB hub, 100
>Mb zip drive, TD800 Tape drive, and a comms connection to my 600va UPS. I think that
>I covered it all.
>
> Can I some how use my USB devices through Linux (Red Hat 7.1?) I really need my
>modem and my zip drive working. I did find out how to get the zip drive working...but
>misplaced the printout.
>
> Can anyone please help me to get my USB modem working. It's an Acer 56 USB.
>
> Thanks.
>
> James
>
> --

BONG: http://www.bong.com.au
EMAIL...
[EMAIL PROTECTED]        [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED]      [EMAIL PROTECTED]
ICQ: 16867613