Hi Jamie,

Could you give me some pointers re leafnode?  this would be cool, because I
could either use it as a news server, or read news over a slow dialup.  How
does leafnode download the groups, through a cron entry?  I can't seem to
get fetchnews to grab the files either.

Cheers,
Rob

At 16:30 13/06/2001, you wrote:
>This one time, at band camp, Rob B said:
> >My question is, should I set up a news server, or install a text-based
> >newsreader and read news via an ssh connection?
>
>You can do both, or just use the newsreader.
>
>I use slrn to read news -- it's sort of like a mutt-for-news, only not
>as cool ;)  You specify your newsserver in .slrnrc or globally in
>/etc/news/something (if you're on Debian).
>
>I also use leafnode as a local news spool, so that reading news is fast;
>it slurps all the groups I'm interested in every morning from my ISP.
>
>--
>[EMAIL PROTECTED]                        http://spacepants.org/jaq.gpg
><Balial> This port may thing it's fortified, butt I seem to be mounting
>a pretty good assault
>
>--

A poet who reads his verse in public may have other nasty habits.
This is random quote 76 of a collection of 1135 .