OK, this has _got_ to be something simple, but it's got me stuffed.

I've got a dead standard SuSE 7.0 install on my machine, and I simply want
to have it serve web pages to my local LAN.

Apache is installed and working - I can get the SuSE help pages etc - but
stuff me if I can get _anything_ out of any other user pages anywhere.

I get with everything I try

                                                         403 Forbidden

                                   Forbidden

   You don't have permission to access /~dazza on this server.

I _know_ it's got to be something simple - but the same error occurs no
matter how I try and access the page {http://localhost/~dazza,
http://192.168.1.1/~dazza etc}, and by every machine on the network.

Before anyone asks - yes, the permissions on the files are correct, and
should allow reading by the web server.

I *think* the relavent part of the apache config is this bit

<Directory /home/*/public_html>
    AllowOverride FileInfo AuthConfig Limit
    Options MultiViews Indexes SymLinksIfOwnerMatch IncludesNoExec
    <Limit GET POST OPTIONS PROPFIND>
        Order allow,deny
        Allow from all
    </Limit>
    <LimitExcept GET POST OPTIONS PROPFIND>
        Order deny,allow
        Allow from all
    </LimitExcept>
</Directory>

Anyone out there give me some pointers as to how in hell I can get this
bloody thing to work? I'd like to be able to do cgi locally as well as
just view pages.

Thanks.

DaZZa