> > Be aware that if you want to increase the memory on these boxes
> you _must_
> > use HP sourced RAM.
>

> Yep, I think that's right. Can't be sure but I thinks this is a
> nasty worthy
> of MS themselves. Me thinks that the bios queries the ram and
> when it doesn't
> say "HP Dimm" the bios says get lost, I don't think there is any
> "technical"
> reason.

I know that HP's LH Pro servers take non-HP RAM (168 Pin EDO) , but on every
boot you get a message during POST similar to

DIMM 2: NON HP RAM INSTALLED
DIMM 3: NON HP RAM INSTALLED

but apart from that it works normally.  I'm not sure about the later models
though - we never had to upgrade any of the more recent systems.

(Incidentally, I don't recommend the LH Pro - We had a lot of problems with
random HDD failures and RAID cards failing to switch to the hot spare.)

 - Doug