On Thu, 28 Jun 2001,  Adam Bogacki,,, wrote:

> authentification passwords and I was in. The only difference I find is
> that I cannot now run Enlightenment. An error message appears saying
> that I need the 'Shape' package. When I try 'apt-get install Shape' I
> get the message that it cannot find it.

you need to enable the Xserver's Shape extension to run Enlightenment.
Shape is what lets you have non-square windows: E uses it lots, as does
xdaliclock etc.

try putting the following in your XF86Config in the "Module" section,
probably near the top:

    # This loads the DBE extension module
    Load "dbe"  # Double buffer extension

    # This loads the miscellaneous extension module, and disables
    # initialisation of the XFree86-DGA extension within that module.
    SubSection "extmod"
      Option "omit xfree86-dga"  # don't initialise the DGA extension
    EndSubSection

(there was some conflict with that stuff and shape or something, iirc)

Conrad.