begin Mike Holland quotation:

> Well strip me naked and paint me purple!!!! MY MODEM has the bug.

Heh.  Do you mean it can be configured to drop carrier upon receipt of
"+++"?  And defaults to that?  Very strange.

But we seem to be in need of some remedial maths, around here:  The "One
in 2 ^ 56" bit appears to be based all possible permutations of seven-byte
binary strings (with eight-bit bytes).  But, first, my X-header is six
characters long, and second, the Chicken Little interpretation of it
requires assuming that it consists of two three-character modem
commands, back to back, not a single six (or seven) character one.

But I'm disappointed.  You folks haven't gotten around to foaming at the
mouth about any of my other headers.  Surely, someone can carve a little
righteous indignation out of those?

--
Cheers,               Everything is gone;
Rick Moen             Your life's work has been destroyed.