Hi all,

I have installed a HTML bookmark management app called "bookmarker".
After a considerable amount of fixing config files I have reduced the
number of errors to one.
When I try to open it's index.php3 I get:

Fatal error: Call to unsupported or undefined function mysql_pconnect()
in db_mysql.inc on line 73

line 73 is this....
$this->Link_ID=mysql_pconnect($Host, $User, $Password);

I have the following packages related to mysql and php3 installed on the
Debian 2.2 Alpha.

mysql-server and mysql-client (both working OK)
php3-mysql
php3
phplib       version: 1:7.3dev-3.1

It's the phplib library that provides the file db_mysql.inc

$ dpkg -L phplib | grep db_mysql.inc
/usr/lib/phplib/db_mysql.inc

The bookmarker app says ...

"These instructions refer to my configuration of bookmarker (PHP
3.0.7, PHP Base Library 7, MySQL 3.22.21, Apache 1.3.6, Red Hat
Linux 5.2). bookmarker has only been tested under this configuration,
though it  should work in any PHP environment with a PHPLIB supported
database.  Currently, PHPLIB supports MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle,
Sybase and  ODBC databases. bookmarker supports PHPLIB 7."

Anyone know what the problem is? Is it that the pconnect
function is not defined anywhere and I need some other library?

Mike