On Thu, Oct 25, 2001 at 07:08:42PM -1000, cpaul wrote:
> On Tue, 23 Oct 2001 08:44:09 +1000 eurk-dsl wrote:
> maybe old news by now, but a bunch of new zealanders think so,
> and managed to present their case reasonably well:
> excerpt from http://www.openz.org/

Thats an EXCELLENT letter. [Ron Skeoch have you read this :-)]
The NZ letter is well written, provides well thought out reasons for using
open source and most of all provides an extensive reference list.
I would be quite happy to spend some time in assisting to put together
something like this for our political parties.
(geez, Im prob committing myself too far here but oh well )

> maybe it's an idea to write a similar letter to our own governments?
I was thinking along those lines after seeing the Greens using FrontPage !

Is that letter itself ie its wording and references released under the open
source documentation licence ?
It takes a long time to compose something like that and why reinvent the
wheel :-)

Mike
--
The early bird gets the coffee left over from the night before.

Michael Lake, University of Technology, Sydney
Work: [EMAIL PROTECTED] Ph: 02 9514 1724 Fx: 02 9514 1628
Home: http://www.speleonics.com.au
Linux enthusiast, active caver and interested in anything technical.