On Mon, 29 Oct 2001, Jeff Waugh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> slured...

: Gus (and others), which was the automounter you said you preferred on
: Friday? amd or autofs?

I dunno about Gus, but autofs has been much nicer to me than amd.

I've been able to get amd to lock, gradually bringing down the system
until the admin (this was an accident, on somebody else's system) was able
to kill amd.

Autofs is nice - I use the seeminly undocumented userhome module to have
/home as a auto-mount point to homedirectories. I once hacked up a webhome
module to have /web/user -> ~user/public_html

/dopey [using the correct button to reply for once]