On Fri, 2 Nov 2001, Manny wrote:

> Sadly Linux  could not
> detect my internal modem and I could not go online using Linux. I am using
> Lucent Win Modem Driver. is there a possibility to find an alternative
> driver for my modem to work with Linux OS.

The driver you need is at <http://www.heby.de/ltmodem>. You can have a
look in the section containing Red Hat rpms for a version that matches
your kernel (given by the output of 'uname -r'), or download the latest
tar.gz package and compile it yourself. Read all the docs in this package
and you shouldn't have any problems. More help can be found at
<http://linmodems.org> where there is a mailing list, or at
<http://linmodems.technicon.ac.il> where the latest version of the
linmodem HOWTO lives (except when the site is down). Also available from
<http://linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/Linmodem-HOWTO.html> but this version is often
not as up to date as the other, though more likely to be available.