From: "Laurie Savage" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "SLUG" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Saturday, November 03, 2001 2:44 PM
Subject: [SLUG] Mysterious busy-ness with Windows Internet +
Evolution/Mozilla/Ximian woes

: I'm sorry don't flame me! My kids still use Windows on the Net. I notice
the
: line seems incredibly busy even when no obvious user caused transactions
are
: occurring. Any ideas how I can monitor what's happening? This doesn't
happen
: with Linux!
:
: Ah me, so you noticed the headers were from Outlook. That's because I
cannot
: get Evolution to #@&**^ing  install itself via Red Carpet. I'm getting the
: dreaded cannot resolve dependencies, recursion too deep message. I tried
: installing the current MOzilla via it. Many Megs later on a dial-up
: everything looked fine. No messages. But it refused to start up,
complaining
: it had been installed wrongly! Repeated the process, same result. Nothing
: could see on their support forum.
:
: I'm wrapped in the potential of Ximian Gnome but finding these little
things
: don't help its acceptance by colleagues/family.
:
:
: --
: SLUG - Sydney Linux User Group Mailing List - http://slug.org.au/