Greetings all,

Anter much persuasion, and agreeing to put...ughhh... EvilWare back on her notebook
(swapped drives !!), SWMBO has agreed that Xena, the P233 workstation, needs to be
retired.

Therefore, I'm looking for a new system. It will probably be a ready-built, but not
necessarily name-brand one, as I can't seem to buy the parts for much less than the
whole system, and at least I get warranty !

At the moment, I'm probably leaning towards a P4 1.8GHz, but would welcome thoughts on
what might be better (for instance, I hear that a 1.4GHz Athlon will outperform a
1.8GHz P4 in most instances, given that most applications are not P4 optimised yet).
Other options, price related, are a PIII/1GHz, or even a DUAL PIII/1GHz !!

If this is considered off-topic, take it to slug-chat.

Jon
[...]

P.S. Any hints on where I can get GOOD parts CHEAP to build this will also be welcome
!!