If I boot the machine normally it gets stuck at starting eth0 and will not
move unless I go Alt-Crtl-Del.

If I change the network card it (kudzu) will detect the new network card and
will ask to migrate the network setting. I say yes. But it still  gets stuck
at starting eth0 and will not move unless I go Alt-Crtl-Del.

If I start "interactively" and skip the network scripts it will boot to the
login prompt and I can log in (without network of course). When I then run:
/etc/rc.d/init.d/network probe

It tells me:
reload

if I then run:
/etc/rc.d/init.d/network probe

it will get stuck at starting eth0 and will not move unless I press Crtl-C.

I have since also re-installed the initscripts RPM. Same result.

I am starting to think hardware, but why would it work under W2K? All 3
network cards.

Bernhard Lüder

This electronic mail is solely for the use of the addressee and may contain
information that is confidential or privileged.  If you receive this
electronic mail in error, please delete it from your system immediately and
notify the sender by electronic mail.