On Mon, Nov 12, 2001 at 10:07:23PM +1100, Jonathan David Wheelhouse wrote:

> A few days ago Galeon stopped working. I normally have it open a local
> bookmarks file when I start it. Now, when I start Galeon, the spinner
> spins and the status bar says "Loading site..."; and nothing else
> happens.  The same thing happens on other URLs (local or otherwise).

Have you tried destroying the .galeon directory?  That works 9
times out of 10 for me.

    % mv ~/.galeon ~/.galeon-old

Galeon will re-create it, which means that you'll have to go and
re-configure it, but hopefully that's not too much hassle.  After
that, copy your bookmarks.xml file from your old directory to your
new one.

> I prefer Galeon to the other browsers (although I do like w3m's
> keybindings; how can I get these in Galeon?); has anybody else
> experienced this problem?

You can assign your own keys to any menu item by locating the menu
item and then pressing the new key combination while it's
selected.

--
#ozone/algorithm <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>          - trust.in.love.to.save