* This one time, at band camp, Matthew Clark said:
> Anyone got any idea about the power supply in England? I am off there in a
> few weeks and I want to take my laptop, the power supply reads "input
> 100-240V~1.5A" which sounds good, but I don't know what the story is?? The
> other thought I had was the internal modem (a xircom), this is something
> which I would assume has only been passed for use in oz.

Well, I'm a pom over here and brought over all of my kit.  I just cut
off the plugs of my multi-adapters and put aussie plugs on and
everything worked.

You shouldn't experience any problems with regards to power.

The modem on the other hand maybe a bit more tricky.  I had to pick up a
new modem on arrival because mine didn't seem to work properly.  I could
get it to blind dial, but it wouldn't detect the dial tones etc (YMMV).

So, pick up a standard power convertor and a phone convertor kit and
give it a go.  If you run into any problems while you are there, drop me
a mail.

> Anyway, sorry this is a little ot, but thought slug would be my best bet for
> an answer.

Its only REALLY off topic if you don't have linux on your laptop

;-)

Greeno
--
Greeno <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
GnuPG Key :  1024D/B5657C8B

Imagine working in a secure environment and finding the string
_NSAKEY in the OS binaries without a good explanation
    -Alan Cox 04/05/2001