Sluggers

I am attempting to setup on our internal network a samba share
read/writable by anyone, including those with NO unix account on the
samba server. The configuration for the share is:

[openaccess]
        comment = Open Access to All
        path = /home/www/public
        writable = yes
        guest ok = yes
        create mask = 666
        guest account = nobody
        guest only = yes

The problem I am having is that when Win98 clients attempt to connect,
a password is still being required which is contary to the samba docs
says. (my understanding of it anyway).

Not withstanding the security issues of this, am I missing something.

BTW: If you logon to the Win98 clients with a valid unix account name
you can access other shares on the same server.

The smb log 'sees' the connection being rejected ie:

[2001/11/16 11:33:11, 1] smbd/reply.c:reply_sesssetup_and_X(909)
  Rejecting user 'jsmith': authentication failed

Regards

Steve