On Sun, Nov 25, 2001 at 03:48:46PM +1100, Howard Lowndes wrote:
> I have a client who wants to store a variety of document types in job
> folders.  Some are (cough) .doc, .xls, some are .jpg, .html, .gif.  There
> could be any mixture of these in any given job folder.
>
> He has grandiose ideas about indexing these and being able to full up
> documents that match certain search criteria.  Frankly I think he is being
> unrealistic, but I have to jump the hoops anyway.
>
> Is there anything Linux based that comes within a bull's roar of what he
> wants; or even something that runs on that other OS.

http://www.harvestroad.com.au, they do exactly what you want with DPMS
(Document Publishing Management System). We're one of their clients, if
you want to play around I could set up a demo site for you.

-d

--
Daniel Stone                                                <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
I propose that Debian maintainers not be permitted to use programs like