On Mon, Nov 26, 2001 at 09:55:43AM +1100, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> <quote who="Silcock, Stephen">
>
> > That looks like acceptable behaviour to me; the script was looking for a
> > file that wasn't there and it told you exactly that.  When you put the
> > file back (or a dummy one at least) it worked OK.  What exactly about the
> > process do you not think is robust?
>
> The file was in the target state (deleted). The script (and thus the package
> management system, because it will put this package in a broken state)
> should not b0rk because it is unable to delete a file that is "already not
> there".

It was in the prerm script, thus the package wasn't removed yet. prerm
== pre-removal, so nothing had yet been done. If the prerm script isn't
run, then purge/whatever may do completely unexpected things, so that's
a completely legitimate thing to do. The script needs to run in prerm,
before removal (oddly enough). You're applying for NM, you should know
this. Read up on policy.

--
Daniel Stone                                                <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
-Evii- (opnotice/#linux/18@) I hereby vote DanielS as my choice for the new