This sounds to me that this should be part of an analyse and design
document.. I dont see any pareticular problem to have tools to do it: from
vi to whater office_like stuffs. Schematic can be done from some prgm like
magick draw.. Most of the companies i worked for, even if using unices as
dev platform and target platform, uses office/word/visio/rationnalRose for
the design support environement and citrix client to access those
ressources..

My 2cent tip.

JeF