<Delurk>
Hello to the list, i've just relocated from the Uk and decided to stick
debian on my toshiba libretto. Anyway the day I get hold of a debian CD
windo$e just flatlines the whole system-Big Style (Cue Omen music). As all
of the peripherals are through the PC card slot I can't get hold of an
installer or root rescue floppy (no problem with that, set in bios) that has
the drivers installed for the CD drive. Unfortunately whilst there is a bios
update that allows users to boot off CDRom it's for windows only not DOS, I
thought of going through serial but my powerbook doesn't have serial on it
even if I could work out how to PPP to the mac cdrom.
I'm a bit stuck without any resources over here and wondered if anyone had
any ideas or a custom adapter to slot the IDE drive into an existing system
and just reformat the whole drive and install/rebuild with necessary
services.
I've tried everything I could think of so far but am now stuck.
Any suggestions greatly appreciated.
Cheers
Chris
<Relurk>
P.S thought i'd turn up to the slug tonight, no doubt see some of you there.