On 1/12/2001 at 7:48 AM Jeff Waugh [EMAIL PROTECTED] [gregausit/slug] wrote:

><quote who="Craig Warner">
>
>> I strongly recommend that both a representation from SLUG and
>> ComputerBank be at this meeting.
>
>I spoke to Craig at the SLUG meeting about this; I'll be calling NOIE on
>Monday and seeing if we can arrange something. It may be advantageous to
>have someone representing the Linux-Education groups, such as Linux in
>Australian Schools. Ken?

The LPI ?

>[ Also, I have an appointment with my local MP, to discuss IT issues from
>govt. perspective. I will not be bringing up the 'r' word. ;) ]

Want any help here ? I believe locally we have a responsibility to advocate
to the Govt here not just for use, but for development as well.

I like the idea of being pro active with our Govt., we need to find time to
talk Jeff ;-)

Regards

Greg Wright
--

IT Consultant Sydney Australia     PH 0418 292020 -- Int. +61 418 292020
Available for Global Contracts      US Fax -- 801 740 2874