... it probably won't be weirdness when someone explains it, but right now,
it is! I'm looking at switching to blackbox WM and was trying out Acrobat4
reader but I get the following error messages ...

X Error of failed request: BadAccess (attempt to access private resource
denied)
Major opcode of failed request: 88
(X_FreeColors) Serial number of failed request: 346

I was invoking it from the xterm using the path
/usr/share/Acrobat4/bin/acroread which is some shell script that does setup
stuff, I guess.

When I run Gnome, invoking it the same way, it works.

Cheers.
Jonathan Kelly.
Sydney. Australia.