Hi all,

After a long discussion with someone about the GPL and the open source
model of business, he raised a point which i cant find any very valid
argument, maybe you guys will be able to gimme your point on this:

The idea is that developping free sofware leads the author to it's own
professional death: if the opensource movement works to it's extreme
extend, what will happens to the company that sell whatever proprietary
sofware ? It's faith is death or recycling. As most of the opensource
developpers are professionals, this directly leads them to a no job
future. The extended idea he raises is that developping an opensource
software simply cut any value of the work we do.

My point of view is that the business model of a simple software
engineering company will have to move towards service integration and
consultancy, but this is true that in a way this movement may lead a major
change in the industry.

JeF