Hello all,
We here at work have come up with an idea of connecting a heap of PDA
devices we were going to throw away to our system via PDA - GSM modem using
ssh.
We are in 'idea speculation' mode at the moment, and trying to make a
working prototype before showing management (of which they will bastardise
of course).
We have already got one of our PDA devices talking to our network with a
telnet/ssh client (telneting only at the moment coz we don't have ssh set
up), and into our live systems via 'normal network means'.

We already have a couple of linux boxes, one for CVS (Gee it took me ages to
convince them to go linux... but, we got it - Bloody beaurocrats), and
another box for 'play' purposes.

I am questioning as to how best set up SSH (possibly even RSA key) on our
machines...

I can imagine the scheme to look like:

PDA --> GSM Modem --> Internet --> firewall --> SSH to our linux 'play' box
(possibly using RSA Key) --> set up profile to rsh (or something or other)
to other machines (mix of AIX RS6000 and Unisys boxes).

I haven't been too successfull with finding  sshd for AIX, hence why I am
thinking of using the linux box as the main mediating mechanism. Linux seems
to be more supported, and there is much more info about it.

>>> I would be glad to hear any suggestions, and will forward them to our
sys. admin. <<<

TIA

John Z - Just a programmer (makes me sound like a musician, ay!!) =;8^)