From: "Dan Banyard"

> Hi
>
> I am new to this list.
>
> I have two PC's, one Windows NT box and the other running Suse Linux
(7.2).
> I have
> connected the two via a crossover ethernet cable.  I am using the Linux
box
> as a "server" which is connected to the Internet via a dialup modem.  So
the
> Linux box is hooked up to the net via a modem and also connected to my
> windows NT box via ethernet.
>
> I am trying to find out whether it is possible to get Internet access /
> email etc.
> on the Windows NT box via the Linux box

It's very easy if you are allready connected with the suse box. You just
have to set the gateway on the win box to the linux box and enable
masquerading. Make sure you use a firewall and shut down services not needed
on the suse box to keep evil people out. A script like the one below will
take care of masquerading etc if you are using iptables.

http://www.boingworld.com/workshops/linux/iptables-tutorial/iptables-tutoria
l/iptables-tutorial.html#AEN1224

To get the basics going just go to www.google.com and search for something
like linux home networking tutorial. This will find you a straight forward
tutorial without the obscure technical info that you can learn later. If you
have trouble I can send you some links or info when I get home to get you up
and running.

Cheers

Antony