On Tue, Jan 08, 2002 at 12:45:45PM +1100, chesty wrote:
> > I have found the lack of documentation
> > about how Debian configure things after the installation quite a
> > surprise. Does anyone know of any decent documentation on post
> > installation of a Debian release?
>
> So you're looking for the "Secret knowledge of the Debian" pack?
>
> www.debian.org
> www.debian.org/doc
> apt-get install debian-guide
> apt-get install debian-policy
> apt-get install doc-debian

*everyone* should have a flick through the Debian FAQ
(/usr/share/doc/debian/FAQ/index.html from doc-debian)

i'd been using Debian for more than a year before i discovered it, and
i still learnt several very useful things.

if you want to make it all a little easier to browse, consider
installing "dhelp", then looking at /usr/share/doc/HTML/index.html
(or http://localhost/doc/HTML/)

--
 - Gus