Before I ever set about setting up a new domain/project I searched
mailing lists, the web other wireless project sites (the only project
listed in Sydney was the Nepean one, which no one seems to know
anything about) and the sydney.air.net.au group (which I might add
never replied to emails sent to them) I also assumed they were dead,
and in any case didn't cover the area myself or my friends are in, and
as to date I've gotten 2 APs which will be going up shortly, I shall
ask the question to this list, are there any active projects happening
in Sydney, with equipment and active links, APs etc etc etc I should
be talking to, because all I've found so far is a few friends with
point to point links and nothing in the way of a plan for expansion,
or even the motivation to get to it and organise people into a what
could be a very good thing for Sydney, both to those without access to
cable and those with it. So far to date I have the 2 APs I purchased
last week, plus another 2 I can get for installing a point to point
link for a business associate plus another business meeting on Friday
with another business associate that could possibly inject sponsorship
into the project. There is another project, secret.net.au however I
too believe this is mostly a dead project, please correct me if I'm
wrong.

--
Best regards,
 evilbunny                          mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Yep. Not much I can do about that.

http://www.sydney.air.net.au has been up for some months before
www.sydneywireless.com, which has only been up for a few weeks. So who is
reinventing the wheel?