From: Tony Green [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, 30 January 2002 9:24 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: Dennis M. Gray
Subject: Re: [SLUG] sendmail configuration

* This one time, at band camp, Dennis M. Gray said:
> Dear Sluggers,
>
> I want to allow a certain network to be able to use my sendmail server to
> relay mail to local addresses. I have added the network to the access
> (access.db) but get a message to the effect that relaying is denied
> because the IP address lookup failed.
>
> Can anyone suggest a remedy?

Add
FEATURE(`accept_unresolvable_domains')dnl

to your sendmail.mc (please tell me you're using m4 to configure it).

That will allow hosts which do not resolve to deliver to the server.  I'd
recommend that you consider, if possible, fixing DNS.

HTH

--
Greeno <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
GnuPG Key :  1024D/B5657C8B

Imagine working in a secure environment and finding the string
_NSAKEY in the OS binaries without a good explanation
    -Alan Cox 04/05/2001